Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Grandpa R

February 25 - March 1, 2010
We had our first over night visitors this weekend. My father in law, Grandpa R, came to visit with his girlfriend. I was a little stressed out because I wasn't sure how Baby would do with overnight company. Plus, who wants to breastfeed in front of their father in law?

Grandpa R adored Baby and loved to hold her and rock her and sing to her. It was the sweetest thing. I just know that she will be spoiled, and I am OK with that. When it was time to nurse, I would sit in the recliner with an Udder Cover over Baby. It was awkward, but I didn't want to disappear into another room. Let me just reiterate that Baby wants to be stuck to me All. The. Time.

Grandpa R and girlfriend offered to watch Baby so Husband and I could go out for dinner one night, which was wonderful of them to do. However, Baby isn't taking a bottle, so we can't leave her. I told him to put a rain check on that offer and we'll use it in the near future. I am going to try to start Baby on a bottle this week. I was hoping to do it this weekend, but that would have been overly stressful with everyone here.

Luckily the Olympics were on that weekend. So we watched them. Hours and hours and hours of the Olympics. They're great and all, but I can only take so many hours of curling. Husband and his dad ended up going out a few times, which was nice for them. I was home with the girlfriend, who is very kind and helpful, but I desperately wanted to nap and was too polite to leave her. Needless to say, it was exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!