Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

The Crash

April 2, 2010
This has been one of the roughest weeks so far. Mother in law (Grandma S) came to stay with us this past week. I had high hopes for her getting Baby to take the bottle. She is so good with animals that I thought it might carry over to babies. Apparently not. It was even worse than that; every time Grandma S held her she would cry. Seriously, like every time.

Baby's baby acne was also at its peak this week, as well as her fussiness. She decided that she wanted to scream each night from around six to nine. Yup, for three hours at a time pretty much every night. Needless to say, it was not fun. I spent most of my time trying to quiet her, and felt bad that Grandma S wasn't getting time to spend with her.

It was nice having Grandma S here, and Husband took off time from work to be with her since she lives across the continent. They were able to spend quality time together. They ended up planting a flower garden and a vegetable garden in our backyard. They also organized the garage. Husband felt very accomplished. I, on the other hand, was also having a rough week.

This week I think my hormones were starting to plummet. Baby and I were on the same page. Before giving birth I had wondered about the so-called "Baby Blues" and worried if I would experience that. Well, the first few weeks after labor came and went and I was flying high. However, this week I just felt really frustrated and perhaps a little let down. Husband wasn't living up to my expectations, and being a mommy was becoming a little more challenging. It doesn't help that she won't take a bottle, so I feel rather trapped. I had a couple of days of crying, talking to my mother, and I feel much better now. I tried to be serious with Husband, and hopefully he understood where I was coming from. I think it's hard for him to understand that it isn't as easy as one might think: I'm not sleeping at night, doing all the housework during the day, and taking care of Baby twenty-four seven. It can get pretty exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!