Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sleep

I love sleep.  I like to spend as much time with sleep as I can.  It's a huge priority in my life and Husband knows not to come between me and my sleep. 

Then I had Baby.  Baby and sleep didn't care much for each other.  Thus I had to choose between my offspring and a long time affair.  Offspring won and the next couple of years went by in a blur.  Somehow I learned to live without sleep.  Don't get me wrong, I missed it. I just learned how to survive without it.   

Eventually Baby learned to tolerate sleep.  I was elated.  I was rested.  I was refreshed.  I could think a little more clearly and just felt better. 

Enter Baby2.  She has an immature relationship with sleep.  She flirts and teases it.  One day she will learn to embrace it as I do. As it is, I'm also flirting with sleep.  Just when sleep and I are about to get cozy, Baby2 will remind me that she needs my attention instead. 

Sigh.

On top of Baby2 flirting with sleep, I'm still sick.  It stinks.  Just when I think my body is fighting back against whatever it is I have, I start to feel worse again.  It's like this endless cycle.  I called to make a doctor's appointment, but it was after hours and I had to call back the next day...which I never did.  I'm really not a fan of visiting the doctor.  Usually they don't tell me anything I don't already know.  Plus, I'm very wary of taking and medications for fear of how they will affect Baby2.  The thought of taking two children with me to an appointment also puts me in a semi panicky mode and I'd rather just hang out at home and wish I could sleep.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!