Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

First Trip Out Alone With Two Kids

I am feeling very proud of myself.  I took both girls to the grocery store all by myself.  I was outnumbered, but I survived.  We got practically everything on my list, and there was no screaming or rude people telling me to make my baby stop crying (yes, that's happened in the past with Baby).

I was determined to go, despite the fact that Baby was pushing boundaries and had just served time out for not listening to Mommy.  She didn't want to get her socks and shoes on (which she is perfectly capable and has done numerous times).  Thus, she earned a time out and was not happy about it (which she made clear by her screaming).  I was hoping she would get it out of her system before we went in public.

Baby2 had just eaten and was tired, so I put her in her carseat hoping she would fall asleep.  She didn't like that idea and decided to scream as well.

Despite two screaming children, once I put my mind to something, it is going to happen.  

I went before lunchtime, when I was hoping it wouldn't be as crowded.  I cut an old lady off in the parking lot looking for the optimal parking spot.  She gave me a dirty look, but I just smiled back.  I was looking for a spot next to the shopping cart turn ins so that I could just park, load the girls into the cart, then push them in.  Which is exactly what I did.  Baby sat in the front (I bribed her with snacks) and Baby2 was asleep in her carseat in the back of the cart.  I just planned to shove groceries around her.  I have no idea what I would have done with more kids.  Have them hang off the cart?  

Baby munched the whole time and Baby2 slept.  There were a couple things on my list I would have had to hunt for, so I skipped those.  I wanted to be in and out as quick as possible.  Baby2 started stirring right before we got to the checkout, but then settled herself back to sleep.

I made all the groceries fit around the carseat and checked out.  Then we came home, ate lunch, and now it's quiet time.

Yay, me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!