Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Schedule

I'm used to being a very scheduled person.  Wake up, drop off Baby and go to work (which is planned out to the minute), pick up Baby, go home and make dinner, then bath for Baby and bedtime.  Weekends for cleaning and shopping.

Now that I'm staying home, I'm going to attempt a schedule of some sort.  Lately, though, I've been too tired to really invest any energy in anything.  I know poor Baby is feeling it.  She's been so used to going to daycare where there are plenty of other kids and activities, I think being at home with Mommy is somewhat boring to her.  She keeps asking to go somewhere and gets sad when I tell her we are just staying home.

I've been pretty proud of myself for implementing the first part of my new schedule:  exercise!  I really want to lose this baby weight.  I'm so much bigger than I was the first time around and it's very frustrating to go into my closet and try on a bunch of shirts that are way too small.  Exercising, even just a little every day, makes me feel a little better and will hopefully help take the weight off.

I found a station on television that has ten minute workouts.  The past three days I have done one of them first thing in the morning.  Baby is excited to watch me exercise (I tried to get her to follow along too, but she'd rather run in circles around me.  Although this morning after I had completed one of the workouts, she asked for the one I had done yesterday.  I put it on for her and should have videoed her following along).  I usually only have to pause once to tend to Baby2, so I'm excited to try to do one every day.

The rest of the day is still up in the air.  I want to make sure I'm doing education things with Baby, like reading to her, doing puzzles, mentioning letters, numbers, shapes, practicing writing and coloring (getting her ready for school, I guess), and encouraging her to play outside and use her imagination.  It will be nice when she goes to Preschool in August.  A nice change for her to play with other children her own age and get out of the house.  I should also look into signing her up for something over summer...

I want to start a vegetable garden, but haven't been motivated enough yet to actually start digging.  I'm always afraid that once I start I'll be interrupted (it's pretty much guaranteed), and I'm the type of person who likes to finish a job once I start it.  I know with kids that something I'm going to have to work on.

I have a lot of things I want to do, but for now I'm just taking it one day at a time, slowly incorporating things into the day.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!