Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Destruction

This past week our family went out to eat at a local Mongolian BBQ. If you haven't tried one, I highly recommend it. The food is delicious. You go through a buffet type line of uncooked food and fill a bowl with the items you want. You start with your meats, such as pork, chicken, and beef, then add on vegetables and noodles. After that, you create your own sauce according to the listed recipe. You can vary as much as you want. At the end of the buffet you hand your bowl to a person manning the large flat grill thingy and the person will cook the food for you. Yum!

Husband and I have tried out most of the local Mongolian BBQ's and have definitely come up with a few favorites. We've been known to drive over an hour to go eat at one. You are also served won tons, egg drop soup, rice, egg rolls, and hot tea to go along with your bowl. Usually the buffet is all-you-can-eat so it's best to bring your appetite. The places won't let you take the food home, though, so don't let your eyes be bigger than your stomach.

Anyway, we went out to eat with a few other family members the other day. Baby had fallen asleep in the car on the way there so she stayed in her carseat next to the table while we ate. When she woke up, she wanted to play.

Baby kept trying to grab things off the table and I thought it would be okay if she played with one of those little cups they use for the tea. I gave it to her to play with and she put her little hands around it and tried to drink out of it. She definitely knows what to do with it. However, when she realized nothing was in the cup, she threw it down. Unfortunately, the cup was not as durable as I had assumed. It promptly rolled under the table and broke in half.

I looked around to make sure no one had noticed (family at the table noticed, of course), but I don't think the clank of the glass(maybe it was porcelain?), attracted any worker attention. If it did, they left us alone.

I placed my foot over one half of the cup while the person in front of me scooped up the half in front of her and put it in her purse. On my way out I nonchalantly grabbed the other half and stuck it in Baby's diaper bag.

I think we left a large tip.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, this is why we refer to going out to eat with our kids as "experimenting with disaster."

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment on my blog!