Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year Resolutions

Do any of you out there actually make New Year's Resolutions?   I sometimes think about it, but I'm not too serious. 

One year, in fifth grade, I made a New Year's Resolution to make my bed every single day.  That included pulling the comforter up and laying out my well-worn (Precious Moments that my aunt made for my sister but I stole when I was two because she was a baby and didn't need it and I liked it and my parents didn't stop me) baby blanket on top.   

And I did it (for the year, that is).

I proved to myself that I could keep a resolution, and haven't made another one since.  I'm a pretty committed/determined/purposeful/crazy? person.  When I say I'll do something, I try really really hard to make it happen.  I don't like to say things that I won't follow through on, and hate it when others do.

So this year, is it time to make another resolution?  To be an example for Baby?  To commit myself to something for another year?

What should it be?  I could vow to work on my blog every day (I've been going through spurts, as you know).  I could vow to read to my child every day (I'm pretty good at this one, but sometimes we just get so caught up that we might miss a day here and there).  I could lose the rest of this baby weight that somehow doesn't seem to be disappearing (I'm sure the Reese's I've been eating nonstop since Christmas really help that).  I could, I could, I could.

Or...I could not.  Right now I'm just going to focus on being the best mommy and wife I can be for my Husband and daughter.  Not just this year, but for every year.  I'll try to document what I can and maybe one day print it all out for Baby to read.             


Thank you to all of you who actually read my blog.  I love how blogspot now has a stats section where I can see how many people are actually reading.  I am seriously hooked on checking out my readership.  Thanks for boosting my self esteem. 

Anyway, Happy New Year and I'll see you in 2011!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!