Pages

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010

I'm actually typing this on Christmas Eve, but it will go up tomorrow. 

I'm really not sure what to expect for Christmas Day, especially since it is Baby's first Christmas.

In my head, we are going to wake up (NOT early if I can help it.  We'll wake up whenever Baby decides.  Lately that's been around eight.  Growing up, little Husband and his brothers and sister would set alarms for four or five in the morning.  Can we say crazy?  Then everyone was cranky for the rest of the day.  No thank you.  As a child, my siblings and I weren't allowed to bug our parents until at least ten in the morning.  I know that may sound seriously late to some of you, but my family are not morning people.  Boy was it a shock when I married Husband!).  Then we will meander into the living room to watch something Christmas-y on TV (I'm really hoping for a parade- I love those!) while we exchange our own gifts between Husband, Baby and I.

We will then get ready for the day and do last minute cleaning before family comes over whereas Husband will be more than happy to help and Baby will entertain herself quietly (Ha!).

My family is coming first and we will do gift exchanges with them.  We will begin dinner, Husband's family will soon join us, and while dinner is cooking (ham, potatoes, carrots, salad, etc.)  we will entertain ourselves with rowdy games of Scrabble and watch Baby amaze everyone with her walking prowess (in all actuality, I'm sure there will be a sports game on the background and people will sit around attempting to make small talk.  Or everyone will be texting all their other friends on their fancy new phones.  Or chatting on their laptops.  Plus, Baby will most likely be cranky because she will have missed her nap due to so much excitement.  But that's looking on the downside and this is how I want it to be.  Moving on now).

After board games we will eat a wonderful dinner (on time!  Thanksgiving was four hours late.  Oops), hang out, chat, eat dessert, remember the real reason for Christmas (presents, right?  Totally kidding.  Jesus!).  Then everyone will help clean up and go home feeling full, refreshed, and in no way disappointed with any of their presents.

The End.

(I'll let you know how it actually goes in a few days!)   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!