Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Booth vs High Chair

January 2012

I can't remember if I blogged on this or not, but Baby has refused to sit in her high chair for a while now.  She wants to sit like a big girl in a regular chair and not be strapped in somewhere.

I have a friend who said her daughter went through the same thing, but they just didn't give her any food until she was seated in her high chair, and that solved the rebellion.  Unfortunately, that strategy doesn't work for my child.  No food, no problem.  She'll starve herself rather than be forced to sit where she doesn't want to.  I decided it was a battle I didn't want to fight, so now Baby gets to sit in a regular chair.  Although really all she does is stand on it since she wouldn't be able to see over the table otherwise.  It works. 

When we go out to restaurants, we have the same issue.  Baby refuses to sit in a high chair.  She will scream and climb her way out of there.  Instead, we now ask for a booth wherever we go.  We trap her in the corner and she is free to sit, stand, sit, stand, sit, stand, sit, stand....til her heart's content. 

Maybe we gave in to easy, but it works for us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!