Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Sleep Tight, Don't let the Bedbugs Bite

Baby woke up the other morning with three little pink dots on her face.  They didn't seem to bother her, but they didn't look very pretty.

They could have been pimples (baby acne strikes again?).  Or some type of sweat bumps from sleeping and sweating on that side of her face (she is a little oven when she sleeps!).

The other, scarier possibility is that they could be bites from a spider or some bug crawling on her face in the middle of the night.  Ugh, I shudder just to think about it  My poor Baby!   

I told husband, and he calmly suggested bedbugs.

Say what??

You remember the bedbug epidemic not too long ago, right?  They had to close down a few stores to help prevent the spread of them.  Apparently these things are spread pretty easily and extremely hard to get rid of.
Husband, who works at a hotel, is apparently skilled in the art of bedbug identification.  He explained to me where he got the idea.  He says that every time a hotel guest reports that they were bitten by something,  the hotel employees ask how many bumps there are.  Three in a row could signal a bedbug bite.  Baby had three in a row... 

I started freaking out at this point.  No way do I want bedbugs.  Where would they have come from?  Daycare must be to blame (cuz we working parents can totally blame daycare for everything that happens to our children- bug bites, bruises, bad manners, you name it, I've got my scapegoat ready). 

I went on a bedbug hunting rampage after that (by "I," I mean Husband did while I squeamishly looked on in apprehension).  We tore apart baby's crib, looking in every nook and cranny.  I washed all of the bedding in super hot wash and then dried it on high multiple times.  Needless to say, we didn't find anything.  But boy did Husband have fun shouting out that he found something and making me squeal and jump a mile high.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!