Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Guest Post from Husband: First Father's Day

Where to start on my first Father’s day…..It was slow, we didn’t have anything planned, and pretty much uneventful. But I loved it! It was nice, intimate, relaxing, and exactly what I needed.

I awoke to wonderful news that I could get breakfast in bed or grab McDonald’s. I’m not a breakfast person and I’ve been struggling to make sure I eat breakfast to help my diet, but I was very excited to try breakfast in bed. I’ve never had breakfast in bed. However, we didn’t have bacon for Beth to make a decent breakfast, so I opted to stay in bed until the last minute and open my Father’s day gift. I got new pajama bottoms and a book to read to the baby called “Daddy Loves Me.”

We picked up McDonald’s breakfast on the way to church. McDonald’s breakfast has got to be one of the best fast food breakfasts out there. Sausage Egg Biscuit, hash browns, and orange juice FTW!

After being able to sleep in and eat breakfast, we were still able to make it to church a little early. It was a good message which emphasized the importance of a father in a child’s life.

Afterward, we went home where for some reason I proceeded to take a very long nap which is very surprising because I am not a person that takes naps and refuses to sleep. I believe that I need to do something every waking moment away from work and sleep just takes away from that fun time. I can’t even believe I slept that long. I can’t believe Beth, the baby and I slept that long during the day. Furthermore, I can’t believe I forgot to sleep in my new pajama bottoms. =(

We awoke in time for dinner. Now I heard that BJs Brewery was giving away pint glasses to every father who patroned their restaurant on Father’s Day and no matter how tempting this was, I had my heart set on Mongolian BBQ for several weeks. Beth, the baby, and I went to a Mongolian BBQ in town that we had never been to. It was fantastic, however, it still didn’t top our favorite Mongolian BBQ restaurant in a nearby city. Quick tip though, in the beginning pick up two bowls and fill one. Use the second bowl to smash down the food in the filled bowl. It will get you more food in your bowl at the end of the day. Just thinking of this makes me want to have more Mongolian BBQ. Mmmmmm Mongolian BBQ.

We got home and put the baby to sleep and decided to watch a movie from our unwatched movie collection. We selected Revolutionary Road. Now if you ever wanted to watch an uplifting fun movie, Revolutionary Road is not for you. It was OK. I don’t think I could sit through it again.

As sad as the movie was, my spirits were lifted when I realized that I could sleep in my new pajama bottoms. I fell asleep and ended my first great Father’s day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!