Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Baby Tears

Baby cried real tears the other day. It was the saddest thing ever. We were on our way home from somewhere and I sat in the back with her while Husband drove us home so I could keep her company. She didn't want to be in her carseat anymore and was tired so she started crying.

In the past, she's cried without tears. At first I was concerned because I thought all babies had tears, but apparently their tear ducts take more time to develop. Well hers are now developed all right.

I watched as little tear streaks ran down her cheeks while her little lips quivered and her big blue eyes became red rimmed. It made tears well up in my eyes that I couldn't just pick her up and hold her because we were in the car. (Husband kept looking in the rear view mirror to see if I had tears running down my face as well. I told him he wasn't allowed to make fun of me.) Eventually she cried herself to sleep, but it was the saddest thing to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!