Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hip Pain

August 26, 2009
The hospital has restored my faith in its services. A nurse called me yesterday to set up my next two appointments. September ninth and October nineteenth have my name on them.

The latest development in my pregnancy is growing pains. Yup, how old am I? At least, I think they are growing pains. I'll find out when I ask at my next appointment. Anyway, I've been having the pains in my hips. Not really the hip bone part, but more in the back. It's hard to describe. But it will hurt when I walk, or move my legs. Usually it is after I have been working, so I will just come home and try not to move. I think it is my pelvic cavity expanding and making room for the baby. I hope it is, anyway. My mother has had some hip/joint problems that she had to seek medical attention for, so I hope this is not something related or genetic.

I'm also having some weird sensations right under my ribs. At the beginning of the week it was right under my left ribs. The past two days it has been right under my right ribs. Like I'm being poked or stretched or something. But it seems too high to be my uterus expanding. Maybe the ligaments are all attached there? Another question for the doctor. I need to write this stuff down!

Other than that, just the occasional bout of nausea. I haven't thrown up in over a week now, though. I think that's a pretty big accomplishment! My stomach is starting to swell more. It seems to be larger in the evening. From gravity?? Who knows.

My newsletter this week also told me how I am supposed to be sleeping. On the side is best. Laying on the left side increases circulation. Laying on the back is a big no-no. I guess it blocks some major blood flow and I am warned against laying on my back for more than three minutes after sixteen weeks. This is a problem for me since I have been most comfortable falling asleep on my back. I need to convince Husband to buy me a body pillow now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!