Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Pounding Headache

August 17, 2009
I had a headache when I woke up this morning. A pounding one. So bad that I decided to take a Tylenol. This was a big step for me. I have tried very, very hard to be completely natural and not take any drugs or medications of any sort. But this morning I couldn't handle going to work with this bad of a headache, so I took the Tylenol, then felt guilty (even though it is supposed to be the ONLY thing a person can safely take while pregnant). Well, it was effective and I made it through my day at work.

Started feeling nauseous on the drive home from work, though. Thought it would help if I munched on a snack. I have many snacks lying around my car: boxes of raisins, the little hundred calories snack packs, donuts (they were on sale!), etc. I opened a box of raisins and started to munch. Then, I got the feeling. Lately I've been able to control it, and maybe I will just gag a little and nothing will come up. Not this time. I gagged, and then felt more coming up. I was in the middle lane on the freeway so I grabbed a cup from my cupholder (leftover from my breakfast, which had included a cup of milk and a bagel while driving to work). I consider myself to be pretty talented, able to heave into a plastic cup while still navigating the freeway. Anyway, I was feeling miserable and I was close to my parent's house so I stopped there to lay on the couch and attempt to feel better before driving home. I curled up with the dog and took a nap. A few hours later I drove home to crawl into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!