Thursday, July 16, 2009

Locked Out

July 16, 2009
Today started out pretty well, actually. I felt really good after waking up so I decided to go for a walk. Husband has been taking my car to work, so he took my keys and left me his. I grabbed his keys and my cell phone and took off. We have a really nice path behind our house that loops around the neighborhoods and a few parks. It's peaceful and well-shaded, something important in the summer heat. I passed a neighbor when I went outside, and he mentioned that he has seen me walking out here a lot. I wasn't sure how to reply to that, so I told him yes, I have been walking lately. Then I was on my merry way.

I came home and went to let myself into the house when I realized I was missing the front door key. What to do? I called my brother-in-law and left him a message that went something like, "Help, I've locked myself out. Come rescue me!" He lives in town and has a spare key, but he didn't answer or call me back right away. I looked at the keys I did have and figured one of them must be for the back door. I went around the back and opened the door, letting myself in. I called the brother in law who had gotten my damsel in distress message and was about to come over. I told him thanks, but I was good to go. He decided he would go back to sleeping in.

A friend of mine came over and we went through some of my work items. She will be teaching the grade I taught last year, so I gave her everything grade specific that I had. I was thankful to pass it on, since it means less boxes I need to move tomorrow.

I was still feeling really good, so I actually started to plan for this upcoming school year. Around three, my feel-good-wave died and nausea started to take over. However, I had already agreed to dinner plans, so I figured I could take a nap and hopefully feel better. Husband came home and felt bad about the key situation. We went to Target where I bought one of those BellaBands for when my pants don't fit anymore. Plus, we checked out all the overpriced baby stuff and wondered how in the world people are supposed to afford everything.

After Target we went to dinner with friends. I wasn't feeling the greatest, but food made me feel a little better. Something about having a solid substance in my stomach, I guess. However, right at the end of the meal I told Husband we needed to leave. I had that feeling and didn't want to make a scene in the restaurant. He started to drive home, and sure enough, all of my dessert (yes, I had dessert!) and dinner came up. Thankfully I am prepared and haven't yet made a mess of the car. Poor Husband drove home and I ran in to the bathroom to finish.

I had really hoped to make it through, especially since I woke up feeling so well and was able to accomplish some work during the day. The difference, though, is that in the past after I throw up, I don't feel better. I still feel sick. Today, I threw up and I actually did feel better! That's how I thought morning sickness would be this whole time. You know, feel sick, throw up, feel better. Not the feel sick, throw up, still feel sick cycle that I have had for the past month. Maybe I'm getting better? I think it also helps that I am no longer on antibiotics, a side effect of which was nausea. Hopefully I will be able to feel well tomorrow when I move my stuff into my classroom and start to set up walls. I am very thankful for friends and family who give me support, whether morally or physically!

The other night I went to dinner with a group of girlfriends (we attempt monthly dinners or so to catch up), and I was so surprised when they brought me some gifts for the baby and me! It was such a sweet gesture and I definitely felt the love : ) I now own some actual baby items! Now, when I am feeling sick, I go and take a peek at the baby clothes and items in the closet and know that this is going to be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!