Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Baby Weight

I have never had a weight problem before. If ever my clothes started to feel tight, I would cut back on the junk food and the world would be right again. Then I got pregnant.

If you read my previous blogs, you knew that I did not have a huge selection of maternity wear (remember my ONE pair of maternity pants- yes I wore them the whole time), and was able to wear my normal clothes (with a few modifications) pretty much until the last couple months of my pregnancy. Thus, I figured I would be able to fit right back into them a few weeks after Baby was born. Not so. Not so at all.

It's been three whole months and I am just now starting to squeeze myself into prepregnancy jeans. I can wear a few of my larger pairs, with a little effort. But my shirts? No way. Not even close. I have this lovely flabby belly hanging out that is so not pretty. Did I mention it's covered in stretch marks? No bikini for me this summer.

I've been going for about a walk a day when the weather is nice. I've also slightly been monitoring what I eat (Ok, the Starbucks addiction is back), but I've just been really hungry lately! This may be due to breastfeeding, but my portion sizes are still huge, which I really need to work on.

I weighed myself today to find that I have gained back three pounds. Three pounds! I've been pretty lazy about any other exercise than walking (who can find the time? I have a baby stuck to me), but now I'm really gonna have to work on it.

I shall now attempt to do two walks a day. Morning and evening. Really. And maybe I'll try to eat a little less and a little healthier. Oh and Starbucks, I'll only visit you on rare occasions. Like when you happen to be on my walking route...

1 comment:

  1. let me know if you want company walking. MD and I like to walk, but never have anyone to walk with.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment on my blog!