Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

Baby's Room

December 30, 2009
The baby's room is coming together. Husband set up the crib and dresser, and I washed and put the bedding, quilt, and bumper on the crib. It totally makes it look like a baby's room now. My sister came over and helped me put a border around the top of the room. Unfortunately, this mother to be never thought about measuring to see if she had enough border to go around the room. It's a small room. I thought the provided amount would work.

Now I have three walls with border, and one wall without. We called the store to see if they had more, and they set aside a roll for us. However, when we went to pick it up, it was the wrong one. I didn't think it would be correct, since we had originally bought the set on clearance. Have you seen the cost of a themed baby's room? It's ridiculous. Husband and I just kept out eyes on the clearance section and kept returning to the store until they had one discounted that we both agreed upon. No way were we going to pay full price.

The store told us it was discontinued, and they couldn't find any more border at any of their stores. Discontinued, eh? They don't know me and my unhealthy relationship with Google. My new border should arrive in 3-5 business days.

I also checked out bassinets at the baby store. Originally I had thought to do the playpen and bassinet in one, but after doing some research and talking to other new moms, I decided to go for an actual bassinet. People in the baby and wedding industry must be making a lot of money. Bassinets are also expensive items, especially when you consider the fact that baby will only be in one for a few months at the most. I found a nice used one for less that half the price that I picked up the other day. It comes with the traditional Moses Basket (that's the bassinet part that goes on top with a hood), a changing table, and cute little baskets to store things at the bottom. The best part is that it is on wheels. I can wheel little baby from room to room, and when I want to transition her to sleeping in her own room, I can start with her in the bassinet, then move her into the crib. That's my thinking anyway. We'll see how it goes.

I also started hanging up the baby clothes that people have given me so far. I bought five sets of ten baby hangers (that's fifty, for you non-math inclined people), and need to go out and get about five more sets! I am totally set on clothes, bibs, hats, and onesies sized zero to six months. Once you tell people you are having a baby, they are more than willing to give you the clothes their babies have outgrown. It also helps if you are at the age where practically everyone else you know has had or is having babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!