Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Maternity Clothes

October 9, 2009

I went to Target with husband today in search of more maternity clothes. A new Target opened up by us and I was hoping they had a better selection. As a matter of fact, they did. I was able to get a couple of shirts, but I am still lacking in the pants department. I tried on the smallest sizes and they were still too big. Guess I am just destined to wear designer bottoms!

We went to check out and there was a pregnant girl two people in front of us talking to the cashier. She looked like she was straight out of the eighties. She was wearing bright pink leggings and a neon green sweater shirt. She also had multiple piercings on her face. I think a lip ring and maybe a nose ring. She looked really young, about seventeen or so. I overheard her tell the cashier that she couldn't find any maternity to clothes to fit her because she was too small overall. I could totally relate. Then, she told the cashier she was five months pregnant. Her belly was twice as big as mine, and I'm five months! I was rather dumbfounded.

I turned to Husband next to me and declared my eavesdropping, "Honey, that girl is five months pregnant! Look at her and look at me!" I gestured to both of us. I think he may have been embarrassed at my outburst, but I don't think pregnant girl noticed. The guy in between us did and stared at me. I'm still at the stage where you can't really tell unless you know me. With that girl, you could totally tell.

Then it was my turn with the cashier, and I think she gave me a funny look when she rang up my maternity shirts. I bet she was trying to decide if those shirts were for me or not.

I'm not sure how I feel about having a small tummy. Does that mean my baby will be smaller? That would be nice, as long as she's healthy. Granted, I still have four months to go, so who knows what will happen. I do seem to be growing exponentially, at least compared to what I have been. It would also be fun to be the pregnant person at the store that everyone smiles at, instead of the one they stare at to try and figure out if she is pregnant or not. I'm going to try putting my hand to my belly more and smiling at people. Maybe they'll get the hint. Or maybe they'll think I have indigestion because I ate too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!