Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

"Sorry Officer, I'm Pregnant"

September 24, 2009
Nineteen weeks and still throwing up! Although today was the first day I had a police car pull up behind me when I was parked on the side of the freeway. I didn't have my handy dandy plastic barf bags, but I did have a kitchen towel that I usually place on my lap to catch any spillover. I used that. It was gross. The police officer came up to my window and got to see me in all my splendor. I am not pretty when I vomit. My face gets red and splotchy and tears stream down my cheeks. Not to mention the vomit coming out of my mouth.

He asked if I was ok, and I told him I was pregnant and had to pull over to throw up. He asked if there was anything I needed, and I told him I didn't need anything, but thanks. I'm not sure if he knew what to think of me. I wonder if I'll be a topic of his conversations later.

Anyway, I called in sick yesterday because I just wanted a day off, so I didn't feel right taking a day off today. I went in to work and ended up throwing my no-longer-nice kitchen towel away.

Tomorrow I have an ultrasound appointment. We're not sure if we are going to find out the gender yet. I like the idea of being surprised, but husband really wants to find out. Then I thought about just he and I knowing and keeping it a secret from the rest of the world, but we're not very good with big secrets. Plus, people will have an easier time buying us baby items if they know what we are having. It's hard to find neutral items. I think we'll just go in tomorrow with an open mind. Who knows, they might not even be able to see anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!