Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Swim Lesson Number 2

Baby had a much better day today.  She wasn't as scared of the water, although she still refused to blow bubbles.  Today's focus was on kicking.  Baby did not want me to let go of her and she screamed and shook her head no if I tried to hold her out at arms length.  The instructor said that was fine, and the point was to just let the babies get used to the water, not force them to do anything they don't want to do.

Toward the end of the class the instructor said we could sit the babies up on the side of the pool and let them jump into our arms.  Baby LOVED this.  I would sit her up there, count to three, and she would lean forward and fall into my arms.  We did that for the rest of the lesson, but I was at least excited that she was laughing and squealing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!