Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hugs and Kisses

I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but we taught Baby how to give hugs.  If we tell her, "Go give so and so a hug," she will run over to them with her arms outstretched, then when she gets there she will turn her head and rest it on the person for a second or so.  It's the cutest thing and I love telling her to go give people hugs.  You can tell she likes the attention she gets, too. 

It's fun when we have a bunch of family over and we tell her to go give a specific aunt or uncle a hug.  She has to look around the room, find the person, then go to them.  Sometimes she goes to the wrong person, but we still cheer for her.  A hug is a hug.   

Husband has also been teaching Baby to give kisses.  You know, close your lips and give a little peck.  She's figured it out for the most part, although hers are a little slobbery with partially open lips.  We can ask her for a kiss, and she'll turn her head toward you and give you a big wet one on the lips. 

The other day, I picked Baby up for a reason I can't quite remember now.   She reached out her little arms and grabbed my face.  I wasn't sure what she was doing, but she pulled me down and planted me a wet one on my lips. 

How sweet is that?  My heart totally melted and of course I had to brag to Husband that Baby gave me a kiss without having been instructed. 

It's moments like these that make me proud to be a mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!