Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hugs and Kisses

I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but we taught Baby how to give hugs.  If we tell her, "Go give so and so a hug," she will run over to them with her arms outstretched, then when she gets there she will turn her head and rest it on the person for a second or so.  It's the cutest thing and I love telling her to go give people hugs.  You can tell she likes the attention she gets, too. 

It's fun when we have a bunch of family over and we tell her to go give a specific aunt or uncle a hug.  She has to look around the room, find the person, then go to them.  Sometimes she goes to the wrong person, but we still cheer for her.  A hug is a hug.   

Husband has also been teaching Baby to give kisses.  You know, close your lips and give a little peck.  She's figured it out for the most part, although hers are a little slobbery with partially open lips.  We can ask her for a kiss, and she'll turn her head toward you and give you a big wet one on the lips. 

The other day, I picked Baby up for a reason I can't quite remember now.   She reached out her little arms and grabbed my face.  I wasn't sure what she was doing, but she pulled me down and planted me a wet one on my lips. 

How sweet is that?  My heart totally melted and of course I had to brag to Husband that Baby gave me a kiss without having been instructed. 

It's moments like these that make me proud to be a mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!