Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Today I Cried

Baby has been going to daycare for a whole week now. That's full time, without being brought to Mommy at lunchtime to eat. Does she eat when she is there? Not this week, but that's another post. This one is about me this morning.

I love waking up and hanging out with Baby in the mornings. She is so inquisitive and full of goofy grins. She'll crawl around on the floor and play while I get ready, consistently looking up at me to make sure I'm paying attention, and she'll break into these sappy, adoring smiles. I just love it.

This morning, however, was different.

Baby woke up and there were no smiles for Mommy. I tried to play with her and sing to her, which usually causes her to smile, but she didn't even want to look at me. She just kept a blank stare on her face, or went and crawled after the cat (whom she did smile at).

I changed her and tickled her, yet another thing that usually gets a smile, but still I got nothing. It was like I wasn't even there.

I dropped her off at daycare, where she smiled at Miss M.

I cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!