Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Three Teeth

No, this post is not about Baby magically having three teeth overnight. Last I checked, she had zero, and I am okay with that. She is quite possibly teething as she likes to chomp on things, but this has been going on for a few months, so who knows. She'll get teeth when she gets them.

This post is about a trip Baby and I took to Subway (see I can eat healthy!). We were sitting in a booth waiting for Husband to bring us our food when a lady with a baby came in. We got to talking and comparing our children (everyone tells you not to do this, but the temptation is irresistible). It turns out that her daughter was a few weeks younger than Baby.

The lady asked me if Baby had any teeth, and I told her no. She then proceeded to tell me that her daughter had three teeth. Three! She had two on the bottom and one on the top, clear as day (the teeth weren't clear, they were easy to see). I was amazed.

The mom said her daughter had started teething around three months and it was really difficult because her daughter didn't have the hand control to hold teething rings to her mouth at that point in time. I could only imagine.

I asked her about solid foods and the lady said she gives her bread and crackers to chew on, since she has the teeth to use. Makes sense. I've only given Baby rice cereal and a few veggies so far. But she doesn't have any teeth with which to chew.

The mom also said she was still breastfeeding her daughter and that she had been bit a couple of times, but her daughter learned that it was not okay after the mom scolded her. I am not looking forward to those days. I am, however, glad that Baby will be able to hold her own teething rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!