Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Doctor's Appointment

February 4, 2010
This is the first Thursday evening I've been home in a while. The past four we've had our childbirth class, but it's over now. I did have a doctor's appointment today. It was the same as all the others. Weight, blood pressure, and measuring of my tummy. Based on the measurement, the baby has dropped a little. I thought I would get a pelvic exam to see if I was dilated at all, but she said there was no need if I wasn't having contractions. Was I having contractions? Not that I was aware of, but I have no idea what they feel like, so I'll go with a no. Pelvic exams during the last part of pregnancy are said to cause bleeding and pain anyway. I think I'll get enough of that when I go into labor.

I am mad, though. Remember that RhoGam shot I had to take twelve weeks ago? Well, I have to get it again unless I deliver before February 12, which I don't think is going to happen. It was only good for 12 weeks, so now I get a second dosage. It didn't even last up to my due date! Why would they give it to me so soon if I had to get another one? She had also said there was a shortage at the time. Way to use those resources wisely. Now I have to go get my blood tested on Wednesday to make sure that I haven't built up the antibodies yet, then I get the shot on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!