Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

This year's Thanksgiving was great, especially when compared to last year.

Last year was a nightmare.  My clingy baby wouldn't let anyone else hold her, I set off the smoke alarm, and was not happy with Husband who was totally clueless.  Don't worry,  I made sure we were on the same page this year.

This year we had less people over, but I don't think that really made a difference.  What made the difference was that Baby has matured into a little person with a very unique, silly personality.  She loves to entertain people and show off her toys.  She wants to read with you, play puzzles with you, and bring you to different places in the house (remember her taking me by the hand? She does this to everyone now).

She is also into eating what everyone else is eating.  This Thanksgiving I had chips and salsa out before dinner.  The chips were the lime flavored ones.  The salsa was only mild.  Baby saw everyone munching on those and wanted one.  We gave her one and she was hooked.  Apparently lime flavor is a favorite of hers.  She saw people dipping and wanted in on that as well.  We let her "dip, dip" into the salsa with her chips.

We also had a veggie tray with carrots, olives, and pickles.  Baby decided she had to try all of that as well.  However, she wasn't too thrilled with those and went back to her lime flavored tortilla chips and her "dip, dip."

When it was time to sit down for dinner (only an hour late this year.  I'm getting better),  Baby did not want any part of her feast.  I guess she had too many lime chips.  Instead of sitting, we let her run around the living room and play (one of the reasons I love having holidays at our house.  It's already Baby proofed so Baby can wander while the adults sit).

In summary, my Thanksgiving feast consisted of Turkey, mashed potatoes, candied yams, corn, rolls, salad, green bean casserole, ham, etc.

Baby's Thanksgiving feast consisted of lime-flavored tortilla chips and "dip-dip."  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!