Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Resurfacing

Who knew being a working mom could be so time consuming? Oh wait, I did.

I do apologize to the thirteen of you who actually read my blog. Thank you for following me and I am terribly sorry to have left you hanging in suspense for the past two months. I'm sure you have many questions for me. Such as:

Q: How do you care for Baby and work full time?
A: I'm Supermom. Besides caring for Baby I also cook, clean, and do laundy. Next question please.

Q: Does Baby have any teeth?
A: Yes, she has her two bottom teeth.

Q: Going off of the above, how was teething?
A: I wouldn't have really noticed it if M (Daycare lady) didn't point it out. I just thought Baby was a little extra fussy at times. Oh, and she woke up crying a lot. She got them both in at the same time and they are just too cute. It makes me feel like she isn't a baby anymore. In my head I equate gummy smiles with babies and teeth with toddlers (although that image is slowly shifting).

Q: And we all want to know, has she bitten you while nursing?
A: Nope.

Q: Speaking of nursing, how long do you plan to continue? And how are you doing it while working?
A: I pump three times a day (yes, I said three!). In the morning, at lunch, and in the afternoon. I started off only pumping twice, but since Baby went off her hunger strike and I don't produce a lot of milk at any one time, three times seems to be ok for now. I was hoping she would eat more solids at daycare and less milk, but the child does not like to eat solid food. As for how long I plan to nurse, as long as she wants it. The AAP recommends one year, minumum. However, I do not plan to pump after she turns a year. Hopefully she will phase out of that much milk during the day.

Q: Is Baby still sleeping with you?
A: Husband and I have been really good (just this past week), putting Baby to bed in her crib (figured we had to use the thing sometime).

Q: Is Baby sleeping through the night.
A: Sleep is overrated. Who came up with the eight hour rule anyway? I bet they were single males.

That's all my brain can churn out for now. Please feel free to ask away and I will try to answer. I thought of a million (ok, not a million, but a bunch) of posts to write and I will be working on those eventually. In the meantime, stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. It's good to see you back! I know it can be an overwhelming whirlwind of emotion returning to work and adjusting to the "Supermom" schedule. Hooray for pumping, and for having such a committed outlook on nursing through a year. Brava!

    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment on my blog!