Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I want Mickey

Last night Baby woke up in the middle of the night.  This is not uncommon.  She started crying out, "I want Mommy! I want Mommy!"  Also, not uncommon.  She just likes to pull on my heartstrings, that one does. 

I ignored her and hoped she would fall back to sleep.  Sometimes this method is successful, some times not.  Most often not, actually, but that's a different story. 

Well, she was so tired, yet so determined to keep yelling, that her cries started to change.  First "Mommy" morphed into "Meemee."  She yelled "I want Meemee!" a few times.  Then she seemed to listen to herself and knew that didn't make sense.  So she changed it. 

I laughed to myself as she cried out, "I want Mickey! I want Mickey!" 

Then she fell back asleep.  Perhaps to dream of Mickey? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!