Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

She KNOWS

Baby is an evil genius.  Really.  Every time I plan to do something, she knows.  Let me give you some examples. 

Example one:  I put Baby down for her nap (this is a feat of accomplishment in itself.  She never likes to sleep.) with plans to clean the bathroom.  I put the cleaner in the toilets, spray down the shower, when all of a sudden I hear screams.  Baby is up in her crib, screaming her little lungs out.  Not sleeping as she was when I left her there originally.  So much for a clean bathroom. 

Example two:  Baby gets put down for bed around eight (although eight o'clock seems to be coming later and later every night).  I try to go to bed around ten.  I get myself all ready, snuggle into the covers, start to drift into peaceful sleep, when all of a sudden I hear screams.  She decided to get a really dirty diaper and I need to change her.

Example three:  I'm taking an online class, which requires homework.  I'm a procrastinator by nature, so I save everything up until the last minute. I figure I will type up papers after Baby goes to sleep.  Baby goes to bed, I start typing at the computer,  and I'm sure you can figure out what happens next.  Baby wakes up screaming and refuses to go back to sleep. By the time she finally does, I'm exhausted and too tired to type any coherent papers.

Example four:  The other night around nine pm my sister was looking for someone to go to the movies with her.  Husband said he would be fine with Baby at home (she was sleeping, it was late), so I told my sister I would love to go with her.  Apparently half an hour after I left Baby subconsciously could feel that my presence was elsewhere and woke up screaming.  Husband could not get her to go back to sleep, so I come home after midnight to a Baby who was up playing with an exhausted Husband.  He had planned to go to bed early that night because he had a big day the next day.  Next time Mommy will probably not be able to go out late at night.

I could go on, but do you see why I can't do anything?  Baby KNOWS.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!