Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Playdate Mix Up

I love playdates with Baby.  I've been on a ton of them this summer.  I seem to be at the age where a lot of my friends have children around the same age as her.  We go to the park, we go over each other's houses, we go to splash parks (have you heard of these?  So cool!  It's a bunch of play equipment with water shooting out of it, or misting out of it.  I've been to two different ones and they are great on hot days.  I want one in my neighborhood!), etc. 

About a week ago I received a text from a friend asking if I wanted to have a playdate with her and her daughter.  We will call this friend Jayne.  I responded yes, we worked out the time and place (my house at ten), and we were set. 

Today I texted my friend Jane to confirm that her and her daughter were coming over for our scheduled play date.  She thought she had forgotten, but confirmed that they would be here.  Jane and I also thought it would be fun to invite our other friend (who we will call Carol) and her son as well. 

Tonight I received a text message from Jayne asking if we were still on for tomorrow.

Wait a second.

 Jayne?   

Not Jane? 

Uh oh. 

I just double booked myself for a playdate with both Jane and Jayne and their daughters!  I know you must be thinking, "Well have them all over, duh!" 

Well I wasn't thinking.  In my head it was two separate events.  Then the question was, what do I do?  If I cancel on Jane, then I have to cancel on Carol as well.  If I cancel on Jayne, I'll be canceling my first commitment. 

Oh, the drama. 

I called Jayne and apologized profusely for being such an airhead.  We agreed that we could probably meet later in the week instead. 

Then I did some thinking.  Why not have everyone over?  (I know, it took me awhile to get to this place.  I'm slow.) 

I contacted Jayne again and told her about the mixup and invited her to come with Jane and Carol and their kids tomorrow.  After all that drama, she declined and said we can just try for later this week.

I totally owe her lunch or something.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!