Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

Night Time

July 20, 2009
I've written a lot about my days, but I've failed to mention the night experience while being pregnant. Let me enlighten you. I make sure I have water, Saltines, and peppermints on my nightstand within easy reach before I settle into bed. I usually try to go to bed around ten or so. After much tossing and turning and readjusting pillows because it's really hard to get comfortable, I fall into a deep sleep. I am awakened suddenly around 2 am with the room spinning and an uncontrollable urge to pee.

On top of that, my throat and mouth are parched and insanely dry. I use the restroom, try to control my nausea, drink some water, try a piece of a Saltine, and suck on a peppermint to attempt to put myself back to sleep. Meanwhile, my brain mulls over anything and everything, and I try not to move so I don't make myself sick. I might drift off about an hour later.

Around 4 am, the same scenario ensues. Pee, nausea, settle back in and lie awake for at least an hour, usually more. 6 am the cycle repeats. Husband starts to wake up around this time and I listen to his getting-ready-for-work sounds while I try to find solace in sleep. After he leaves around 8, I use the restroom, drink a little more, and am finally able to fall into a deep sleep again. I'll wake up for the day anywhere between nine and eleven, where I run through the cycle again and stagger out into the kitchen to have breakfast. This is pretty much how all of my nights have been for the past few weeks. On the plus side, I have been able to watch many sunrises through our east facing bedroom window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!