Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Nine Weeks

July 14, 2009
I figured I should post something since I haven't written lately. Pretty much everything has remained the same. I keep trying to sleep in as late as I possibly can to sleep off the nausea, if that's even possible. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to help. I still feel sick all day long. Plus, I've confined myself to the bedroom lately since the smells of the kitchen and living room make me sick. Any time I have to go to the kitchen, I hold my breath or breathe through my mouth so I don't smell anything.

I had a time period of about two days where I didn't throw up at all. I still felt sick, but nothing came up. I thought that was an improvement. That ended this morning with a vengeance. Breakfast went down the toilet.

One of my good friends came by to visit me with her son this morning. She picked me up and we sat and chatted at Starbucks for a while. It was nice to get out. Then she had to leave, and I thought I would attempt some errands that my husband had asked me to do (get gas, go to the post office, the bank). I got gas and cleaned out my car. I had a McDonald's bag in there and debated throwing it away for fear I might need it as a barf bag. Oh well, I should be fine. I tossed it.

I went to the post office and mailed a package. Next stop, the bank. On the way there I started to get that feeling. I popped a peppermint, since those usually help. Then what should I do? I pulled out a handily stashed plastic bag from my purse just in case. I also figured I could pull over to the side of the road if need be. Well, need be. I got sick while driving and had to pull over to finish throwing up anything that was left in my stomach. Thankfully I contained it all in the plastic bag. Very gross, I know. I hightailed it home as fast as I could, and here I am now.

I really did think I was starting to get better, but apparently baby has other plans. I'm supposed to go out to dinner tonight...not sure how that will pan out. I am also scheduled to fix up my classroom on Friday. Thankfully I have good friends and family who will be helping me. I really don't think I could start it alone, given the way I feel.

I'm a little over nine weeks right now, so less than three to go! Bring on the indigestion and heartburn (that is supposed to start up right about then when the morning sickness goes away). I'm a little frustrated, and I know husband is starting to get frustrated with me too (even though he would never admit it) because this is just debilitating. At least I'm not as bad as some people who have to be hospitalized because they throw up ten times a day. Something to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog!